|Learn more about Peter Jacobsen, life on tour, and other fun things Peter's doing on his personal websites:
Course architecture has always been a passion of Peter Jacobsen's. Known as golf's "goodwill ambassador," he has thrown himself into course design with the same enthusiasm, energy and inclusion that have characterized his life and playing career.
Jacobsen has long recognized that course deign requires a time commitment that many touring professionals simply aren't willing to provide. Accordingly, Jacobsen Hardy Golf Course Design does not accept more than three to four design commissions per year, allowing Jacobsen and partner Jim Hardy a level of personal involvement in each project that goes far beyond your typical tour pro's. Of course, having played more than 1,000 different golf courses worldwide, including competitive and social rounds on the planet's finest layouts, Jacobsen well understands what makes a great golf course. He has deftly and unabashedly incorporated the best aspects of these courses into each and every Jacobsen Hardy design.
What's more, hundreds of pro-am rounds have provided Jacobsen a keen insight into what course features and strategies appeal to amateur players of all skill levels. It is this combination of perspectives that makes Peter Jacobsen one of the freshest, most innovative designers working today.
- President and Principle Designer (20 Years of Design experience)
- Member of the PGA Tour since 1976 with (7) official PGA Tour Victories and (2) Champions Tour Victories
- 2005 Ford Senior Championship Champion
- 2004 U.S. Senior Open Champion
- 2003 Greater Hartford Open Champion at Age 49
- 2003 PGA Tour Comeback Player of the Year Award recipient
- 2003 Inducted into the Oregon Sports Hall of Fame
- 2003 Named by The Oregonian among Oregon's Top 25 Most Influential People in Sports
- 2002 Jack Lemmon Ambassador to Golf Award recipient
- 1995 & 1985 US Ryder Cup Team Member
- 1994, 1992, 1985 & 1983 Player Director for the PGA Tour Policy Board
- 1993 Inducted into the University of Oregon Sports Hall of Fame
- Founder of the Fred Meyer Challenge, a golf tournament which ranked as one of the most successful unofficial PGA Tour events in the Nation
- Host of "PETER JACOBSEN PLUGGED IN" on The Golf Channel
- Host of "PETER AND FRIENDS" on The Golf Channel
- Former Lead Singer for "JAKE TROUT AND THE FLOUNDERS"
- Author of "Buried Lies: True Stories and Tall Tales from the PGA Tour"
- Author of "Embedded Balls: Adventures on and off the Tour with Golf's Premier Storyteller"